If you are not satisfied with the services provided by a MAA member, or you have concerns about the conduct or performance of a massage or manual therapist, it is your right to make a complaint.

Speaking with your therapist is often the easiest way to address your concerns. If you have spoken with your therapist, you may need to give them time to respond. If you do not feel comfortable talking with the provider directly, or you have done this and you are unsatisfied with the outcome, you may lodge a complaint with us, using this form.

MAA will not address any complaints made against one of our members that are vexatious in nature, frivolous, or where the nature of the complaint is outside of our scope to review.

All persons, including those against whom there has been an allegation reserve the right natural justice and the details of the complaint (either redacted or in its entirety) will be made available to the member.

MAA does not have the legal power to direct a member to pay damages/compensation, alter fees, provide a health care treatment, or alter a client’s treatment or other records.

If this constitutes a crime (ie Assault) please contact your state police.

If this results serious injury (ie hospitalisation) and you are not able to speak to your therapist directly please contact your state health commissioner first.

QLD     -     ACT     -      NT     -      NSW     -      TAS     -      SA     -      VIC     -      WA